The goal of the Alexandria project started on 15
th December of 2002 are dedicated(closed) operating systems. In fact
the project has older origins, but on above mentioned day suprisingly
the main breakthrough was achieved, this is why this date.We plan to
follow a few different development paths . At the moment the following
subprojetcs were started (the codenames are preliminary):
- Panama : LanDiBase database system as an
operating system. The system is already working, it means not only that
OS boots but also that works fine in LAN, cooperating well with Linux
clients.We plan to release it officially in April or May 2003.
- Colorado : the www server, using Husar
architecture, as an operating system.The system is still in design
phase.Will be released later this year.
- Memphis :Game console OS. In design phase.
- Cooperation , specially from hardware
vendors is welcomed.
Main tests for Panama subproject finished.The system will be further
tested to the end of the May.We did not yet decided how to offer it, it
will be rather offered as an extra option for Netsword or Blackrose
The following hardware platforms were tested succesfully :
- PIII 850 MHZ with ASUS (TUVx BIOS) and ST320410A 18GB IDE HD and
Intel Etherexpress Pro 100 (82557 chip) NIC and 256 MB RAM .
- Athlon 1600 XP with ECS K7S5A with WD 1.6 GB IDE HD and
3COM 3c9x NIC and 256 MB RAM.
- We expect, that the system will run also on older
platforms, even those with Adaptec 154x .But at the moment we do not
have configurations to test it.